Friday 25 March 2011

I just went on, and on, and on, and on...

Shut Up Fool!
Diary of a stand-up comedian Entry #10
I've been busy trying to set up more gigs at venues other than The Cavendish Arms or The Railway, because in the last three months I've only done five gigs (including last night)! So in the last couple of weeks I have been busy researching other open mic nights, which basically means friend requesting as many other open mic comedians as possible on Facebook and seeing where they gig!

From that I have found these guys called the Comedy Bin who set up various open mic nights across London and I have a few gigs with them in April. Also through Facebook I have found a guy called Steve Roe, who I went to school with, and runs a comedy night called Hoopla in London Bridge, so he has booked me in to his night as well.

So onto last night. I've watched back the video clip and I just went on and on and on for 15 minutes! I was losing the will to live watching it back so God knows what the audience thought last night! The great thing about performing at The Railway over the last couple of months is that I have been able to try out lots of different material...

Granted most of it has been bloody awful, or at least it certainly needs a lot of work, but I should be able to pull out a decent five minutes of material for the upcoming April gigs... I hope!

No comments :

Post a Comment