Saturday 1 January 2011

Tumbleweed...

Tumbleweed
Diary of a stand-up comedian Entry #4
Hey, long time, no speak! I hope you have been keeping well these last few months. What have I been up to? Oh well, where do I start? It has been an absolute whirlwind, I can tell ya. I followed up that fantastic night on September 14 at the Cavendish Arms with... three months sweet FA.

Obviously I have still been going to my day job, paying the bills, and being a satisfactory boyfriend to my missus during that period - I haven't simply given up on life since that night in Stockwell. But I have to admit that there has been a rather large tumbleweed knocking around and occupying the space where I could have been trying open mic again over the last few months.

I'd like to say the success of my first gig went to my head and I have been on a massive bender ever since, binging on a cocktail of hookers and cocaine. You know, the sort of thing that Bill Hicks might have done.

But the sad truth is that I have just been lazy; living on a cocktail more of the prawn variety. Don't get me wrong, I have threatened to give stand-up another go - on several occasions! But I have never quite found the time to separate my arse from the sofa.

But that was the old me! This year I have made one of those New Year Resolutions to get back up on to that stage. You see, I am self-publishing my first novel The Drought this year, and by self-publishing I mean that I will be doing all the bloody work myself! Seeing as the book is a comedy novel, I put two and two together, and came up with a cunning marketing plan to promote myself as a pretty funny bloke, and at the same time hopefully encouraging people to buy the book!

I know, absolutely genius! Watch this space!

No comments :

Post a Comment