Friday 8 July 2011

This is why we do comedy!

Diary of a stand-up comedian Entry #26
What a cracking night! Just got in from my gig down in North London at the Camden Head in Islington and I am still buzzing! I have said it once and I will say it again - there is nothing like having a room full of people just up for a good time! I take my hats off to the guys at Five Minutes of Fame for such a fantastic venue.

Camden Head in Islington - a great venue for open mic comedy!

The gig could not have gone better, including an absolute belter of an audience member called Dean, who was wearing the shiniest pair of shoes you have ever seen in your life! Imagine a cross between Pete Doherty and Donny Tourette, and then you have the boy Dean - the self-confessed biggest Beatles fan in the world.

To start with Dean decided to have a chat with anyone who was up on stage, which made him pure gold to every stand-up, and by the end of it Dean was practically sobbing into his girlfriends chest asking why everyone was picking on him!

Dean - I salute you, we all salute you!

No comments :

Post a Comment